Before you know it, iPad applications for VJ are becoming available which presents itself an additional and handy secondary source of input into your VJ mix. Some of the newly available applications that have been launched recently are; Colourcode VJ and TouchVIZ.
Suited for both hobby and professional use, COLORCODE VJ quickly turns your iPad into a VJ tool. At your home or at an event, it’s never been easier to become a VJ!
COLORCODE VJ can switch and display movies, images, and texts. You can also output to external displays via separately available adapters (*1).
What you can do with COLORCODE VJ
- Load, mix, and output movie files.
(You can display up to 2 movies simultaneously)
- Overlay PNG image files. You can move the images by touching on the screen, or preset the movement in advance. PNG transparency is supported.
- Display texts. Like images, texts can also be moved.
- Play tracks in your iPad’s library as BGM (*2).
- Output to external displays such as your TV, PC monitor, and projector. (*1)
Works with most recent LCD TVs!
- As part of a full-fledged VJ equipment set.
You can even get up on the stage with your iPad while VJing!
- As a VJ tool for musicians.
COLORCODE VJ offers musicians a quick way to play movies in addition to their instruments.
Take control of both music and images to add depth to your expression!
- As a party tool
Simply hook up your iPad to a TV or monitor and start VJing! With iPad 2, you can also show movies that were filmed with your iPad.
A video slideshow? No problem!
- As a presentation tool
While there are many presentation tools for iPad, COLORCODE VJ may be the one for you when a simple slideshow just doesn’t cut it.
Tweak your presentation to match the atmosphere for a successful presentation!
- As a simple digital signage
Connect your iPad to a monitor and play movies for in-store promotions.
TouchViZ is a professional, portable VJ system for iPad 2.
At home or in the club, professionally or just for fun, you can now create impressive visuals straight from your iPad.
- Import up to 125 videos into your set via iTunes File Sharing or from the iPad’s library
- Playback and mix two channels of video with independent playback speed control
- Display the output on an external screen or projector using any iPad-compatible video-out adapter
- Use the iPad’s front and back-facing cameras as input to integrate live footage into your set
- Apply one of 17 effect filters to each channel and the master output
- Control effect parameters using the multi-touch enabled preview area
- Preview the output in full-screen on the iPad
- Save and load your set to recall, backup or transfer sets between iPads using iTunes File Sharing
- Configure the interface layout to your preference
- 10 demo clips by hexler and pixeldelay included
- CoreMIDI support allows full control of TouchViZ wirelessly using OS X CoreMIDI Network sessions, using iPad MIDI interfaces such as iRig MIDI, iConnectMIDI, MIDI Mobilizer II, Yamaha i-MX1, or by connecting a compatible USB MIDI-controller using the iPad Camera Connection Kit
Open Sound Control support allows full control of TouchViZ over WiFi from any application that supports OSC such as Max/MSP, PureData, Max4Live, TouchOSC and others
- Built on the latest iOS 5 and OpenGL ES 2.0 technology
…and many, many more features to be added in future updates!